Ragroof Players performing 'Happy Feet' at Canterbury Festival's Opening Day 2016
Canterbury Festival launches the dance strand of Made in Kent!
What is it?
We are offering dance companies and artists the opportunity to perform in the popular Festival venue of St Mary’s Studio Theatre as part of the 2017 Canterbury Festival.
Who is it for?
Kent-based solo dancers making their own work, aged 18+
Kent-based dance companies performing their own repertoire (majority of company members aged 18+)
What work are the Festival looking for?
15-30 minutes in duration
Work falling into 1 of 3 categories:
- Hatchling (brand new work, not been performed before)
- Fledgling (some elements have been performed)
- Fully fledged (already been performed)
What do you get?
A paid performance opportunity in Canterbury Festival – Kent’s International Arts Festival
Featured in the Festival brochure and online at www.canterburyfestival.co.uk
Mentoring and professional development support in conjunction with Kent Dance Network
What do you have to do?
Fill in the application form and return to Canterbury Festival by Friday 12 May 2017 to email@example.com along with any supporting images or video of the proposed and/or previous work.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
What are the terms and conditions?
- Deadline for submitting a proposal is Friday 12 May
- Only original material will be considered.
- Material should be suitable for performance in a black box studio space with raked seating for 120 audience members.
- A lighting and sound technician will be provided by the Festival but you should prepare a technical specification/script with cues.
Made in Kent dance competition is sponsored by: