Are you passionate about the arts, wish to get more involved in your local community, meet new people or learn a new skill?
Given you are reading this, it is likely you are and may be considering if volunteering for the Canterbury Festival is right for you. If so, please read on…
The Canterbury Festival is Kent's International Arts Festival, the largest festival of arts and culture in the region and one of the most important cultural events in the South East of England.
Running for two weeks each October, the Festival attracts an audience of around 65,000 people of all ages to free and ticketed events, drawn from across Kent, London and the South East. With nearly two hundred events in two weeks the programme includes classical music, contemporary dance, comedy, world music, theatre, walks, talks and visual arts.
SUPPORT OUR WORK
Recruitment for the 2017 Canterbury Festival is now open.
By volunteering with the Festival, individuals will
- gain experience of customer care and events management
- meet new people and be part of a friendly team
- feel a sense of achievement
- be supporting the arts in Canterbury
- enjoy high quality performances (although often it is not possible to see the whole show)
As the public face of the Canterbury Festival, volunteers provide a customer friendly service for the audience. Volunteers have the chance to experience different roles within the festival. These include:
- festival steward
- bar steward
- production assistance such as setting up venues and acting as a stage hand
- marketing support, including distributing leaflets and flyers in the City Centre
- helping with administrative tasks like large mailshots
Naturally the Festival aims to ensure that volunteers' time is both enjoyable and rewarding. The Festival will seek to give you the support you require, and training where appropriate and in return ask for 100% attendance and involvement. It is a mutual commitment.
For enquiries please contact Mark Burford, Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.